Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Countdown (Day 25: Horrorthon Day One)

Okay, today was the first day of the Horrorthon Film Festival, so I'm just going to do mini updates of what I saw, and those I missed, keeping with the day to day nature that I tend to insert into these blog updates. It's been a long day, and I have four more to go.




So without further ado, here's what I thought of each movie, along with a trailer for it (whenever possible).

Antiviral


It was a beautifully shot film with a great score and atmosphere throughout, but the story was hard to follow at times, the social message of the "celebrity culture" seemed a bit force, and the film had a distracting amount of pretentiousness to it.



Room 237


The theories and interpretations of The Shining are so ridiculous and off the wall, that at times they are convincing. It would be like me describing how The Matrix is a complete rip-off of Dumbo.



Detention Of The Dead


It's not a bad film for what it is, which is basically "The Breakfast Club (with zombies)". It can be a bit silly at times, but I find it's best that you don't watch it while in a sober state of mind. Plus the goth chick in it was pretty hot.



And on a final note.....


It was Katy Perry's birthday during Day 25.....what? I like Katy Perry.....a lot.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...