Sunday, February 24, 2013

Twisted Celluloid Film Festival (Day Three)

Ugh, as I write this, I am dealing with a massive hangover. I guess I'm getting too old for this shit. And what do I do when I wake up? Get a glass of water? Something to eat? Fresh air? Nope, this blog entry. That's how dedicated I am (joke). Just as well I have this weeks film review written up beforehand. But first, day three of the festival.



Lisa And The Devil


I was too busy getting up, and writing yesterday's article to attend this screening. Plus after watching "Bay Of Blood", I wasn't too pushed on seeing another Mario Bava film. And given my current state, I'll be giving "Black Sunday" a miss also.

If they showed this film, purely based on its English title, then I would have gone.

Future review?


247*F


All I can say about this film is that it shows beautiful but unlikable Americans in trouble. The idea is interesting (and apparently it's based on true life events), but the characters themselves are quite annoying, so I found it hard to feel sympathy for them in their predicament.



Plus I found it funny that the film stars Tyler Mane and Scout Taylor Compton, who were Michael Myers and Laurie in the Rob Zombie "Halloween" films. Speaking of which.....

House Of 1000 Corpses


The Irish film "Citadel" (which I saw at Horrorthon 2012) was meant to be in this spot, but due to distribution problems, it was replaced with Rob Zombie's first film; "HO1C", which I already wrote about last year. Not much more I can say about it, other than that it was nice to see it on the big screen. And in a church.

The short film "Out There" was shown before the film, and the screening was attended by the director and actress of the film. I also saw it last year at the Horrorthon (can't remember which film it played before), and it's a well shot film, even if the influences are obvious onscreen. But it does have a bit of Irish humour thrown in, which gives it its own identity.



The Bay


I've mentioned before on this blog that "found footage" films don't work in a cinema environment. That said, this film felt more like an actual film, so I didn't find myself immersed in the events shown onscreen. Camera shots too perfect to be seen as amateur, characters that you could care less about, especially the narrator, and the documentary tone makes it a little stupid to watch. Hands down the worst "found footage" film I've ever seen.



Sawney: Flesh Of Man


I decided to skip this movie in order to meet up with a casual acquaintance who is from here. And after a couple of drinks and shots, I feel like this:



And on a final note.....


Well, it makes me laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...